VRScore is a joint production between Crytek and Basemark under the strategic partnership created between the two companies in August 2015. The solution is developed using Crytek’s CRYENGINE technology and Basemark’s performance measurement framework, thus resulting in a unique combination of professional performance metrics using a real-world game engine and workload.
“We share Basemark’s belief that users will really benefit from having an independent resource that checks whether their PC can comfortably run VR experiences,” said Frank Vitz, CRYENGINE Creative Director. “VRScore not only provides that service, but also shows off just how powerful VR truly is by bringing together our own first-class engine technology with Basemark’s experience in performance measurement.”
“From the first moment sitting down with the Crytek team through the development of VRScore, we’ve been thoroughly impressed with their talent and hard working”, said Tero Sarkkinen, founder of Basemark, “Today, we together put the fruits of this collaboration for the first time for the general public to see and I am confident in that it will be well received. If you don’t believe me, go see the videos on our site for yourself!”
- Supports HTC Vive, Oculus and OSVR
- Uses CRYENGINE
- Supports DirectX 12
- Features Codename: Sky Harbor, a new VR production
- Includes tests for interactive VR (game), non-interactive VR (video) and VR spatial audio (sound)
- Can be used with or without an HMD
- Power Board, an integrated online service, gives personalized PC upgrading advice and features performance ranking lists for HMDs, CPUs and GPUs
- Corporate versions include VRTrek, a patent pending latency testing device with dual phototransistors for application to photon latency, display persistence, left and right eye latency, dropped frames and duplicated frames testing
VRScore is available now to corporate customers via Basemark’s early access program and Benchmark Development Program. Free and playable consumer versions of VRScore will be released in June 2016.
To license and for more information, please visit http://www.basemark.com/VRScore
Basemark develops industry-leading system performance and power consumption analysis tools that are used by leading semiconductor and OEM companies around the world such as AMD, Imagination Technologies, Intel, NVIDIA, Renesas and Qualcomm. Its world-renowned product portfolio includes VRScore, Basemark Metal, Basemark ES, Basemark X, Basemark OS and Power Assessment Tool. Basemark is headquartered in Helsinki, Finland.
For more information, please visit http://www.basemark.com
Media Kit: http://www.basemark.com/for-media/